Blog Result1 Blogs Found
By Don J. Fessenden
Our primary mission will be to create a dialog as well as share your views and opinions with state and federal educational leaders. The story goes … a boy was walking on a beach and saw thousands of starfish … you know how it ends. We believe real change will take time and effort but it's worth the effort! This is a call to arms ... we need your help! All you need to do is contribute to our BLOG discussions and share your ideas, together we can ignite meaningful educational reform. TeachersMeet will champion the ideas of inclusion, accountability, and personal responsibility as we move to close the achievement gap. It’s time educator’s lead educational reform, not just follow it.
Our big idea ... to provide a professional platform where educators can:
* Networking (professional)
* Find a mentor
* Become a mentor
* Connect with other members in member created groups
* Post and discuss trending topics
* Upload functional resume to be viewed by our HR and Administrative members for possible employment
* Share opinions (BLOG)
* Provide an educators perspective to issues facing the educational system
* Reform education in the United States through unity (become the largest educator platform ensuring our voice is heard)
We will utilize our BLOG and monthly newsletter to share and introduce hot educational topics. Share educational resources that have been found by our staff or have been provided by our members. Lastly, we will be reaching out to district human resource directors to post "Hot Jobs" on our JOBS page.
In our BLOG, we will spend time looking at current educational reform and provide commentary as well as alternative solutions. We will also rely on our membership’s comments to give validity to our positions or to provide their own perspectives.
Upcoming BLOG topics:
* Researched based ... instant creditability!
* Why is the achievement gap continuing to grow?
* Should teacher performance evaluations be tied to student performance and achievement?
* Individual Educational Plans (IEP)...for all students
* SAT's for everyone!
* Motivation is key to student engagement
* Parents the ultimate role models
* Is lesson prep, really worth the time
* Why linking teacher performance to student achievement won’t close the achievement gap
* And much more...
Thanks for taking the time to visit, and please be sure to share your opinions!